Pages

Thursday 1 April 2010

Boring boring Barcelona!

The most entertaining match of the season 

If only that had been true last night in the Arsenal v Barcelona Champions League game maybe we would have come away with a strong advantage and a fully fit squad. As it was they gave Arsenal a footballing lesson for three quarters of the game. Their speed, creativity and vision must surely make them the best team in the world.

Had it not been for Almunia the tie could have all been over after 10 minutes but as it stands the second leg is set up perfectly. Barcelona will be missing their two first choice centre back and Arsenal will be missing Fabregas, Arshavin and Gallas, all who may yet not play for Arsenal again this season. That will leave the game open and chances are likely to be created at both ends all match which is great for football fans but it's going to be stressful for us Gooners!

Marvellous Music of the week

I have come across some great music this week. Some brand new and some that I can't believe I didn't already know. My music tastes vary greatly and always have done but I am going through a Folk and Indie phase at the moment. My site of choice for news, videos and new music for this is Pitchfork.com and I really suggest you have a look. They have a Twitter account too if you use it.

My tips from this latest binge are:
  • Broken Bells - James Mercer (from the Shins) & Danger Mouse's collaboration
  • The XX - I have been meaning to get their album for months and finally got round to it
  • Dead Man's Bones - Ryan Gosling's weird and wonderful ghostly musical-esq band
  • Slow Club - Sheffield based duo
  • Temper Trap - They've been around for ages but I had to mention them because I got tickets to see them at Somerset house in the summer so have been listening to them a lot this week
There have been many more highlights including St.Vincent, Beach House and Scott Matthews but I will have to talk about them more another time.

Thanks for reading,
Craig

1 comment: